1. You hold up your LEFT hand sideways and point to your palm to show where your Yooper roots are. (Trolls do this using their right hand).
2. You have a marathon viewing of Escanaba in Da Moonlight when you’re homesick for the U.P.
3. Your co-workers look at you funny when you say “eh?”, turning any comment into a question.
4. While you root for the Green Bay Packers in football, you support the Detroit Red Wings in hockey.
5. Pickled eggs and blackberry brandy are two delicacies you often crave.
6. You not only have a strong opinion on where to find the best pasties (pronounced PAS-tees), but you can discuss for hours the unique variations of different recipes.
7. Countless hours have been spent trying to find where Jilbert’s Ice Cream is sold South of the bridge.
8. You know how to get to Phoenix (not the city in Arizona) and Christmas.
9. Co-workers have given you looks of disbelief while you describe a Hilltop cinnamon roll.
10. You recognize 1962, 1965, 1975, 1988, 1991, 1992, 1994 as great years in college ice hockey.
11. Swimming in any lake warmer than 54 degrees is no big deal.
12. While alone in your car, you find yourself compelled to scan radio stations in search of “trade-ee-oh”.
13. You check your driveway for moose tracks in the morning.
14. You eat pasties more than once a week.
15. You know the history of "Anatomy of a Murder".
16. You know where to find gasoline stations operated by native Americans, and why.
17. You know where Hiawatha National Forest is.
18. You look forward to spending a late night at the Library in Houghton.
19. You refer to August as the "bad sledding" month.
A Transplanted Yooper: email@example.com